1300 numbers give a consistent point of contact, and saves on marketing costs by using the same number in many forms of advertising. 1300 Australia, Telstra’s exclusive Phone Word partner, specialises in phone words with a 1300 number prefix.
- 1300 numbers have ten digits, for example, 1300 287 872.
- Customers can contact you from a fixed line anywhere in Australia.
- 1300 numbers are diverted to a land line or mobile number.
- With a 1300 number your customers can contact you for a low untimed charge.
- Calls for mobile phones will be charged to the caller at a rate determined by their mobile phone carrier.
can be used:
- As a single point of contact, nationwide which can direct your customers to their appropriate office or store location.
- To monitor and measure response to marketing campaigns and improve your return on investment.
- For reporting and managing inbound calls.
- As help desk, call centre or priority customer lines.
Why are 1300 numbers
better than landlines?
- They have more functionality than traditional landlines, which means that they can be combined with other telecommunication services and provide a cost effective solution.
- 1300 numbers can provide insight into a company’s marketing and advertising performance.
- They have no hardware or equipment requirements.
- If you move, a 1300 number has more flexibility than a normal land line. You can take your 1300 number with you anywhere in Australia.